Saturday, May 4, 2013

Take the Money and Run!

4/5/2013

Bonjour mes amis!

Let me rephrase my Title...

Take the Money Euros and Run!

I've thought so many times about showing you Euro Money, and either have forgotten, or haven't had enough in my wallet to take pictures.  Well, today, I want to show you.  I love that this part of Europe all uses the same money.  It has made it so nice visiting other countries, like Spain, The Netherlands, and Germany.  (We had a short visit in Switzerland one day...where they don't use the Euro, but we were so close to the German border that some Vendors were willing to accept Euros)!

So, here's the two sides of the Coins...


There are 1 centime, 2 centimes, 5 centimes, 10 centimes, 20 centimes, 50 centimes, 1 Euro and 2 Euro Coins!


It can be a lot of change to carry around!  I do kind of like the 1 and 2 Euro coins...the 1 cent and 2 cent...not so much!

Here's the Bills...





Okay, so I didn't go anything bigger than a 50 Euro Bill.  This is the highest bill I've ever held in my "hot little hand"!


Did you notice anything that the flip side of these bills has in common?  They all have pretty Aqueduct Bridges!  You can also see that these bills are pretty colorful, not like our "green stuff"!  If I had to make a guess, I'd venture to say that Dr. J's favorite bill is probably the 20 Euro.  Why?  The Stained Glass Windows, of course!

Well, I'm off to spend some Euros!  Nothing too fun...just Groceries!

Have a "Jewel" of a weekend!
Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment