Wednesday, May 22, 2013

New Church/Old Church & a Yarn Bomb!

22/5/2013

Bonjour mes amis!

I'd like to spend one more day in Delft, The Netherlands, with you today!  It's a very nice City, complete with Canals, beautiful Old Buildings and Churches, Shops, and a Yarn Bomb!  What?  Keep reading and enjoy the views along the way...



See...I told you there were Canals...



And this is the "New" Church!  It's still quite old by American standards...



Complete with Stained Glass Windows!


And the Tomb of William of Orange...




We preferred the "Old" Church, which dates from the year 1246!




This Church had some AWESOME Stained-Glass Windows depicting Stories from the Bible...


Back out to the Town Square...


Where we visited a Cheese Shop...


And, yes, we did buy some...





As we were walking along, enjoying the Canal, I spotted this...a Windmill Yarn Bomb!


I only know about these, because Ms. Emerald has filled me in on Yarn Bombs in the U.S.!


I thought this was pretty cool!




I hope you enjoyed our visit to Delft!  I know I did!  Do keep your eyes open for a yarn bomb!  Some people are so clever!

Have a "Jewel" of a Day!
Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment