Saturday, May 18, 2013

Oooops! I did it again!

18/5/2013

Bonjour mes amis!

Ooops!  I did it again!  Well, it's not really an Ooops!  It's more of a...
Yum!

Dr. J went on a trip, and I decided to make something delicious for his first dinner back home with us...A Pear Tart with Caramel Sauce!

A while back, I made one of these for our Half-Year Anniversary, and it came out so well, and was so delicious that I HAD to make it again!  To view my Post "15 Minutes I'll never get back!", click HERE.

Today, I'd like to also share the website I got this recipe from, which I actually adapted from an Apple Tart, to a Pear Tart.  If you want to check it out for yourself, click  HERE.

And here's how today's Tart came out!



I kept the Caramel Sauce a little thinner this time...


Enough drooling...

Yesterday, we were in The Netherlands on my blog, and I mentioned that we would be doing a little more site-seeing on the way back to France.  Today, I'll just take you on a quick stop at the...

Afsluitdijk! 

The Afsluitdijk is a 32 kilometer (about 20 miles) long dike, which connects the province of North Holland with the province of Friesland. It was constructed between 1927 and 1933.


I thought it was fun to catch the view of all the water on each side of the dike on the GPS Screen...the North Sea on one side...the Ijsselmeer on the other...




And this guy is Cornelius Lely.  He was a Dutch Civil Engineer who oversaw the work of the Causeway!


Next (and last) stop in The Netherlands is Delft!  But, I'll have to save that for another day...

In the meantime, have a "Jewel" of a Day!
Jan


No comments:

Post a Comment