Thursday, May 2, 2013

A Different Château!

2/5/2013

Bonjour mes amis!

How's May going for you so far?  Yesterday, it was hard for me to believe it was May.  I joined a couple of friends to go to a Brocante, and it began to rain, and my hands were cold, and like I said, it was hard to believe it was May.  Texas in May, for me, means warm weather and terrible allergies, where I want to scratch my eyes out, and my nose is running, and I feel miserable.  So far so good in France, but I'm sure the allergy Season will still come for me.

Today, I wanted to show you a Château I've never shown you before...but not for lack of trying.  I tried to visit this Château with my parents last November, only to find that it was closed for Restoration.  While my friend, Elaine, was here, we wanted a low key day, so we decided to visit...


La Ferté Saint Aubin!

This is a Château that is only about a 25 minute drive from our Apartment here.  I believe it is privately owned, and it is very popular for families, because the Château is "staged" more like a home, and you can touch many things in the Château.  In my humble opinion, the place needs a bit more restoring, but it was really fun to visit.  Let me show you around...





The Rooms are fully furnished...





Right down to the Chocolates for Easter...





Again, Elaine and I loved the Kitchens...



So much cool, old stuff...



There was even a School Room...


And something like a General Store...


A Gameroom...


Bedrooms, of course!



And, what you expect in a Château...a Moat!!!




A Chapel...



And even a Gare...that is, a Train Station!




The Stables were nicely preserved...


I hope you enjoyed this little Tour.  It was a nice little Château!  And, now my Parents will get to "live vicariously" through Elaine's visit to La Ferté Saint Aubin when they see this Post!

Isn't this a beautiful Clock?  Again, the Military Time...


And on that note...it's "Time" to go!
Have a "Jewel" of a Day!
Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment