Thursday, May 16, 2013

Peanut Butter Cookie Stacks...pour mes Amis!

16/5/2013

Bonjour mes amis!

Do you remember a Post I did a week ago or so, about things we can't really get here in France?  (I know...you can't remember what you did a week ago, much less what I wrote about a week ago)!

Okay, well, let me get on with it then...I only had Nine items to share, rather than the usual Ten.  But now, I know exactly what I would share as the 10th Item...
(Courtesy of Google Images)

They don't have Fritos in France...atleast not that I've seen!  They have Lays Potato Chips, but not the Fritos.  I know they're awfully salty, but they are just about my Favorite Salty Snack.  I'll look forward to munching on my first one again at the end of the Summer!

Yesterday, I got to spend time with two Friends...

Prior to going to meet them, I had softened the equivalent of a stick of butter, in hopes of making some Cookies.  I had the time, so why not make them in time before seeing my friends, and SHARE!

Peanut Butter (as I shared last week) is also not a common thing in France.  There's Hazelnuts in everything here, but they do not mash their Peanuts into Peanut Butter.  Jewelius' Grandparents brought us a jar of Jif Peanut Butter, and right away, I knew I would be making Cookies!

But...

I couldn't find my treasured Recipe that I always make...from my Mom!

So, I used a Recipe from SimplyRecipes.com...


They were pretty delicious right out of the Oven, and I happened to have a Cup of Coffee made.  Jewelius arrived home early from School for Lunch, too, so he got to "test" the Recipe!


Here's the Recipe...

Peanut Butter Cookies

Ingredients:

  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
  • 1/2 cup peanut butter
  • 1 egg
  • 1 1/4 cup flour
  • 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt

Method:

1 Beat the butter until creamy, 2 minutes. Add the sugars, beat for 2 more minutes. Mix in the peanut butter and egg. Mix together the dry ingredients - flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Stir the dry ingredients into the sugar butter mixture.

2 Wrap dough in plastic and refrigerate at least 3 hours. (*I skipped this step, and just began shaping the cookies!)


3 Preheat oven to 375°F. Shape dough into 1 1/4 inch balls. Place about 3 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten in crisscross pattern with a fork. Bake until light brown, 9 to 10 minutes. Cool on baking sheets for a minute; transfer to rack to cool completely.
For chewier cookies, bake at 300°F for 15 minutes.

Yield: Makes about 2 dozen cookies.


After I made the cookies, I got to have some fun preparing them for giving...


(You'll just have to excuse the cellophane wrap...)

I was able to share these Cookies with a French Friend, who had never tried anything with Peanut Butter.  I'm happy to report that she enjoyed them!

Actually, these were just the right mix of crispy on the outside, with a slightly chewy middle.  I did lower the temperature a little bit, since I like a chewy Cookie!

Happy Baking, mes Amis!
Oh, and have a "Jewel" of a Day!
Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment