Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Always a Mother & Nel's Neighborhood!

15/5/2013

Bonjour mes amis!

Yesterday, when I was telling you about the Medieval Market we went to last week, I was making a comment about Dr. J and Jewelius trying to be sneaky about making some purchases.  I knew full well what they were buying, and on Mother's Day, I received the "goods"...


This beautiful Hand-Painted Card with the Iris' (Frame-worthy!), and the little wooden Fleur-de-Lis Stamp.  (My guys sure know about my obsession with Fleur-de-Lis)!  Jewelius also wrote really nice things in the card about all that I do for him, thanking me...and he ended the card with one final note of thanks...

"You make sure I wear the right color Socks!"

Yes, even on Mother's Day, I had to tell my 17 Year Old Son that he had the wrong color socks on.  Once a Mother, Always a Mother!

So, today, I thought we'd continue on with another day in The Netherlands...


Don't you just think of Tulips when you think of The Netherlands!?!  Cousin Nel had some pretty Tulips on her Coffeetable, and I thought they deserved a Photo.

Outside, there were a few stray Hydrangeas that, even in the end of Winter/beginning of Spring, looked beautiful to me!  (It's another obsession, just ask my family...)


So, here's Nel's house, and today, we'll take a nice, little walk in her Neighborhood...


Just around the corner, there's Water...


And Sheep...


And, more Water...and driveway Bridges...


And, Canals...



And, of course, Ducks!


We are always amazed how they train the Trees to grow in Europe...


And, more Water...


Doesn't it look so calm and peaceful, though?


In Nel's Neighborhood, the street signs are written in Frisian and Dutch...



Cousins with the same last Name...there's always something to talk about...


What a nice refreshing Walk!


I wish we could come back in the late Spring when the trees are all full of leaves (these shots were in April), and Nel's Garden is bursting with Blooms!

That reminds me...and Jewelius' card reminded me, too...I need to check in with Parc Floral to find out when the Iris Festival is.  They have many different types of Iris', and usually when I get to come to France in late May, the Iris' are all done blooming.  I better hurry, before it's too late...

Have a "Jewel" of a Day!
Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment