Monday, May 6, 2013

Picture Perfect Village!

6/5/2013

Bonjour mes amis!

A couple of weeks ago, it was my Birthday...

The week prior to my birthday, we went to The Netherlands...

Dr. J and Jewelius bought my gifts in The Netherlands...Delft, to be exact!

Do you want to see what I got?


Did I ever mention that I have a "thing" for Pitchers?


Much of the Delft Pottery is only in Blue and White, and is the most common, but I wanted a colorful piece this time.  This is Hand Painted, and we got to see some of the Artists at work (but I'll show you that in another Post).  Each piece is even initialed by the Artist.


Jewelius gave me this pretty pair of Earrings!


I am enjoying both of these so much!

Today, I'd like to show you some more of our visit to The Netherlands with Jewelius' Grandparents, and Cousin Nel.

Nel took us to a Picture Perfect Village to have a walk around...

This is Eastermar (Oostermeer, in Dutch)!
It's in Frisland...



Isn't it quaint?


So peaceful and quiet...




This is a typical Frisian Home...



Did you see the tail of that caramel-colored cat behind the tree?  That cat followed us all along our walk in the Village!


I have plenty more to show you, and another recipe to share this week, so I'll look forward to visiting with you again!

Have a "Jewel" of a Day!
Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment