Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Organized Mess & Medieval Market...

14/5/2013

Bonjour mes amis!

Yesterday was truly my kind of Monday.  I woke up to see Dr. J off for a short trip, and noticed a forecast of rain.  I actually love rain.  It motivates me to do things...

INSIDE!

Like, for example, I needed to catch up the Laundry, plan my grocery shopping for the week, catch up email, organize photos on my computer, and get a few items ready to mail out.  I love getting re-organized on Mondays...

But...
A big pile has been staring me in the face the last couple weeks, and it was time to finally tackle it.  If you think this looks messy, you should have seen it before I started organizing...


These are all the brochures, maps, etc., that we have accumulated while living here in France and site-seeing all over the place.  I put them in smaller piles to start "weeding out" the doubles, triples, or in the case of Château De Chenonceau, the "TWENTUPLES".  (Now, I know that's not even a term to use, but can you believe it?  We had 20 Brochures from this Château!)  We have accumulated so many brochures, because we often take them in both French and English...(Jewelius, you must know by now, is much more advanced in his French speaking than we are, so he refuses the Brochures in English).  So, now that I've got piles, it's time to reduce.

Wish me Luck on this Project!
  
I also wanted to show you today another little Event from the Festival of Joan of Arc.  We went to a Medieval Market at Campo Santo last week, about a 5 minute walk from our apartment.  It's so nice being so close to everything here!


You can see the Cathedral in the background of the Market...


There were plenty of Vendors selling fun Medieval stuff for kids...


See what this Lady was making?  Very tedious work, but impressive...


Crêpes are very popular in France, and this guy was making them right over a wood fire...


This boy was spinning an Axe, and impressing us all...



These guys were entertaining everyone as well...


Many people were dressed in Medieval Costumes...


We bought some cheese, and smoked meat to take home with us, and Dr. J and Jewelius were trying to hide making purchases from me.  (I'll tell you about that tomorrow).  Anyway, it was a fun way to spend the afternoon...


On our way back to the Apartment, I just had to stop and take a couple more pictures.  The Wisteria is prolific here right now, and I'm enjoying it so much.  This is what I walk past frequently...



 
Amazing, right?

Well, while I've been uploading pictures onto this Post, I've also been hard at work, struggling through enjoying doing paperwork.  My pile for trash is already around 18 centimeters high...that's around Seven Inches!!!  I know I have three more months to enjoy here in France, but I might as well make it easier on myself when it's time to leave.  Yes, yes, I know we'll accumulate more...we still have plenty of touring to do...

AND I'M GOING TO ENJOY EVERY MINUTE AS BEST I CAN!!!

I hope you are having a productive week,
and make it a "Jewel" of a week, too!
Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment