Monday, May 27, 2013

Memories from a Château!


27/5/2013

Bonjour mes amis!

Happy Memorial Day to all my American Friends and Family!

Since I'm not in the U.S.A. for this Memorial Day, it is an ordinary day, but I still have my memories.  National Holidays always make me think back on my childhood.  I was born on Long Island, New York.  During my childhood, we traveled to my Grandparents regularly and got to spend time with Cousins, Aunts and Uncles, and both sets of Grandparents.  National Holidays meant Parades, and a little stop in the Cemetery where most of my Ancestors are buried, and then back to my Grandparent's house for a Picnic.  Good Memories!

Today, I'll just share a recent memory.  It won't be laden with Flags and Patriotic Pride...but, it is one of my favorite places in France, so it will be an easy visit.  We have to go back.  You know we have to go back again!  Yes, I'm talking about my favorite Château...
Château de Chenonceau!
While Jewelius' Grandparents were here last month, I just had to take them.  I mean, the weather was nice, and the Gardens were full of flowers.  Please come along again Today!  I'm not going to show you the "same old, same old".  I always show you new perspectives on my favorite place!


Here is a Memorial Inscription for the French that I saw on one of the Walls in the Château...
Translation:  "Here, 2254 were wounded during the War 1914-1918."

During World War I, the Gallery in the Château was used as a Hospital Ward.


I happened to catch Jewelius' Grandparents alone at this one end of the Gallery.


As usual, the Floral Designer made some Interesting and Beautiful Arrangements for the Château!





I still LOVE the Copper on the walls, and that Scale...



A small portion of a Fireplace Surround...


A Portion of a Painting hanging in the Château...


Loving the Flowers in Urns...


Some Artwork depicting the Château...





I Love the Flowers with the backdrop of the Old Tapestries...




The Gardens are starting to look quite lovely with all the Flowers...



Jewelius' Grandparents had to pose for the usual Picture!





One last shot of an unusual Flower!  I think I need to find out what type of Flower this is...


Such a beautiful Place!  Thanks for joining me!

What Memories are you relishing today?  Perhaps you are thinking of an American Hero from your Family.  A huge Thank You to those of you who are serving our Country (or have loved ones who have or are serving)!  Happy Memorial Day!

Have a "Jewel" of a Day!
Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment