Monday, July 1, 2013

Regrouping and Thanksgiving in July!?!


01/07/2013

Bonjour mes amis!

Happy 1st of July!  Is it hot where you are?  The temperatures in France have been pleasant, and now we are enjoying some beautiful Sunshine!

Last week, I popped in for a quick visit between guests, and today, I am enjoying a Monday morning (yes, I said, I am enjoying Monday!), complete with the humming of the washing machine and dryer, and even the dishwasher, while I regroup from the weekend!  As I told you in my last post, June was a blur...

July promises a little bit lighter schedule, but we have one last set of visitors later in the month.  I haven't yet told you about our Friends who are living in Germany, the H's, who will visit us.  We visited them Thanksgiving weekend, last November.  Well, you've heard of...

CHRISTMAS IN JULY...

so why not?

THANKSGIVING IN JULY...

Actually, I'm thinking of our Friends today, so I thought I'd finally share a few memories from our time in Kandern, Germany, "quick-a-minute" before they visit us here in Orléans.

We arrived in the H's home the weekend of their son, Roger's birthday, so we started our visit together celebrating with Chocolate Cake, and talking over old times...

But Saturday morning, we were out and about in the Black Forest, ready for Views and Hiking...


I'll just try to be quiet while you look, but aren't these views just beautiful???



Now, on to our Hike...




When we reached the Waterfall, there were these funky chaise lounge chairs on varying levels.  (Wow, do I look short next to Jewelius!?!)





Always fun for picture taking...Jewelius on the run...


Us and the H's...



And, back down to the Car to get rehydrated...


More Views from the Car...




And...a Very Important Stop...


To get bread for our Thanksgiving Dinner...


What can I say?  People who've gotten used to living in France and going to the Boulangerie every day can really appreciate Bakeries in other Countries!

Have a "Jewel" of a Day, and I'll see you tomorrow, because my Family has an important Event to celebrate!
Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment