Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Opulence at The Vatican and a Game...


24/7/2013

Bonjour mes amis!

I hope you are well today!  Staying cool?  It's getting rather warm here, but you know what helps?

CHERRIES DIRECT FROM THE ORCHARD!


I made a run out to the Country the other day, and since the Cherries are so awesome right now...I had to stop.  Don't they look delicious!?!


These are delicious, but honestly, these do not make me cooler, so let's think back on a cooler time...last month in Rome!

We spent a day at The Vatican!  There was so much to see, and so much Opulence...especially the Ceilings!  (Let me just apologize right now...I'm sorry about this picture-heavy Post.  There is so much to show you, and it was difficult choosing...but I hope you will enjoy it!)








This is one of my favorite shots I took at The Vatican!  So much detail in each one of these busts!







See what I mean about the Ceilings!?!  Wow!




Love the Fleur-de-Lis on the Door!



Jewelius and I often play a Game when we are in a Museum and there's lots to see.  We have to pick out what the other person would choose to take home with them.  Here's a couple good choices for me!



This little guy struck my fancy as well...



More Ceiling Art...



Can you just imagine the hours it took to create this place?




And, don't you just love a man who can pull off wearing Lace?



All the men had to pose for this shot...Jewelius made the cut for this Post!




Such Opulence!  Thanks for letting me share this with you today.  The Vatican was an amazing place to visit!

I'm sure it's Cherry Season where you are too.  You'd better get some before the Summer's over...

Have a "Jewel" of a Day!
Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment