Saturday, July 6, 2013

My Favorite Drive in France...


6/7/2013

Bonjour mes amis!

Today, I want to wish a very Happy Birthday to my Dad!  It's a big one for him today.  In mid-June, my Dad came for a second visit here in France, so I'll be sharing about all of our escapades pretty soon, too!  I hope you have a very special day today, Dad!  Lots of love from all of us!

***************************

When we moved to France last year in August, everyone wondered what I was going to do with myself while Dr. J was at work, and Jewelius was at School.
When asked what I do during the day, I usually reply with,
"I Play!"
Well, this has been true, but I have "worn many hats" while I've been playing...Cook, Maid, "Baguette-fetcher" (see my latest Countdown "Ode to the Baguette" for my take on that!), Chauffeur, Tour Guide, etc.  I have also worked for two Clients, but it has felt more like Play, because I've gotten to do something I love to do...
Decorate!
A while back, I mentioned that I had begun working with someone new, Solange, to transform her Salon (aka Living Room and Dining Room Combo).  Major work has gotten done, but I'm not ready to show it to you just yet.  We're working on the finishing touches, and I definitely want to share it with you within a month or so.

Yesterday, I went to Solange's house to see the current progress that the Painter, Carpenter, and Electrician have made, and it was very impressive!

But, do you want to know something else impressive?  I LOVE driving to Solange's house.  She lives about 35-40 minutes away from me.  I NEVER take the highway to Solange's house, because I ADORE driving through all the little Villages, and the Country to get to her Country Home.

Since I'm not ready to share the inside of Solange's Home yet, I thought I'd share the Outside, and some of the pretty views I see on my beautiful drive to and from her Home...

This is Solange's Home...


Inviting, isn't it?


We had lunch in the Garden yesterday...perfect weather!


We had a multi-Course Lunch, complete with Speculoos Ice Cream, with Raspberries and Gooseberries, for Dessert.  I hadn't realized that Solange grew Raspberries in her Garden.  I'm so jealous!  I just love Raspberries!




As I began my drive back to Orléans, I decided to stop along the way, so I can show you some of the views I see along my Favorite Drive.  The pictures won't do it justice...there's several small Villages, and lots of Trees and Flowers and Crops (and even a Château), but you'll get a glimpse.  Oh my, I just love it!

Even a rusty barn roof makes me smile!







Yesterday, there were lots of people selling Cherries at Fruit Stands along the Route...


You can't tell in this picture, but the Cherry Trees were just loaded with Cherries...I wish I had stopped to buy some...



The Vineyards are a bit distinct in the Orléans area.  At the end of each Row of Vines, there are Rose Bushes planted.  It kind of gives it a neat appearance.  (This is definitely Wine Country!)


There are numerous Sycamore Trees flanking the sides of the Road...



Many Homes are covered with Ivy right now.  It looks so pretty on those white stone Houses...



And now, we are headed back into Orléans.  You can see the two Towers of the Cathedral in the center of this Photo.  The Loire River is in the foreground.  We live further up the River, but the River is walking distance from our Apartment.  It's wonderful...


We go into this short Tunnel frequently.  Just recently, this has also gotten completely covered with Ivy.  (If you must know...yes, I did take this picture while I was driving!  I got lucky that it captured the Tunnel so well!  That's real multi-tasking, huh, folks?  You are not allowed to be on a cell phone while driving in France, but I don't think there's any rules about taking photos!)


This is just a random, busy corner, a few blocks from our Apartment!  I guess I just wanted to capture a photo of the Signs and Stop Light.  Usually, there are not Stop Lights up high like at this corner, except at busy areas.  Normally, there are only low Stop Lights on the side, like the one near the blue Parking signs.


So, now you've seen a little bit of my Favorite Drive in France.  I can hardly wait to make the trip again!

Have a "Jewel" of a weekend!
Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment