Saturday, July 13, 2013

Wine Country!


13/7/2013

Bonjour mes amis!

I think Everyone knows that the French make good Wine!  They are quite proud of their wine, and many of the French people we know here are well-versed in the Wines of France.  We have been privileged to enjoy Wine from most of the Regions in France, but one type we like particularly well is that from...

St. Nicholas de Bourgueil!

St. Nicholas de Bourgueil is loaded with Vineyards, and we decided to stop there one weekend to have a Dégustation de Vin (or Wine Tasting)!  But, just take a look...there's so many Vineyards to choose from...







Okay, I'm just throwing the flowers in there to break up all the Signs...


But, honestly, this Vineyard, Mabileau, became the Winner for us!


But, look how many years they've been featured in "Le Guide Hachette" (which seems to be the Bible for Wine around here)!?!



We made our way down to the Tasting Room...


And met one of the Partners in this family-run Business...


He introduced us to another Partner after our Dégustation, who then gave us a Tour and told us a little bit about their Business...


We always enjoy going to Wine Tastings...and this is how you do it in France!  You just stop along the side of the road, go to the tasting room, and TASTE!  Be sure to ask for a Tour, too, if you want one.


Of course, it helps draw me in when there's Flowers greeting you at the Entrance!




I just love gazing at the Vineyards along the side of the road in the Country too!  By now, the Vines are quite thick, and soon will be full of Grapes!


I wish you could come join us for a glass of the Wine we bought.  The Wines from St. Nicholas-de-Bourgueil are delicious!

Oh!  Before I leave, I wanted to share one other thing...
When we first came to France, and I told my family that I was going to help some people with decorating, but that I couldn't get paid...because I don't have a Work Permit...my Sister suggested I make a Sign for myself...

WILL WORK FOR WINE!

Great idea!  Wasn't that clever?

Have a "Jewel" of a Weekend!
Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment