Monday, July 8, 2013

A Summer Treat...


8/7/2013

Bonjour mes amis!

On the 4th of July, I was telling you that I wanted to make a new recipe, for...
Strawberry Crisp!
I found the recipe on the blog of a talented blogger...www.onsuttonplace.com.


My Strawberries are all washed, and read to be sliced...

So, without further ado, I will share the recipe with you now...

Strawberry Crisp
Ingredients:
2 quarts of Strawberries cleaned and sliced
1/2 cup Sugar




Topping:
1 cup Flour
1/2 cup Oats
1/3 cup White Sugar
1/3 cup Brown Sugar
1/2  tsp. Cinnamon
1/4 tsp. Salt (omit if you use salted butter)
1 Stick Butter, melted

Instructions:
Mix Berries and 1/2 cup Sugar and set aside.
Combine all other Ingredients in a bowl and combine well.
Add Butter slowly and stir with a fork.
Pour Berry mixture in a Tart or Pie pan.
(I "halved" the recipe for these four Ramekins!)
Sprinkle topping on Berries.
Bake at 350 degrees 30-35 minutes.
(I recommend baking on top of a cookie sheet to prevent spills in your oven!)
Serve warm with Ice Cream or Whipped Cream.




We enjoyed it immensely...


Just as I thought we would...especially with the big scoop of Vanilla Ice Cream!

Enjoy!

Have a "Jewel" of a Day!
Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment