Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Product Randomness!


31/10/2012

Bonjour mes amis!

Happy Reformation Day! Happy Halloween!  Happy Celebrating!  May you all be safe and well today!

I got to thinking one day that there are some things here in France that they do pretty well!  At this point, I'm guessing you think I'm going to tell you about...

Croissants

 or
Cheese

or
Wine 

oh my!


No, no, my thoughts are much more random than that today...

I'm thinking about Products that we buy at the store here...

Take a look at this packaging...


You snip that little piece on the lower right off and then you just squeeze your soap into your soap dispenser to refill it!  I think that's pretty clever, and I don't have to wait for all the soap to slowly move down the big plastic jug.  Just squeeze like toothpaste and it's all out!  Do they have anything like this in the U.S.?  If so, I've never noticed it before...

Then, take a look at these washcloths...


It's like a pocket to put your hand in, and you can hang the washcloth up on the little loop!  Clever, isn't it?

Then there's trash bags...



No waste, but the label (and these are good in quality).  I think maybe Home Depot or somebody like that sells trash bags this way, but it just seems smart to me to not sell it in a box.  Less waste...

Although...


there's one set of products
I was happy to find here 
that comes in the familiar box like in the U.S...




...because, I am a HUGE Swiffer Fan!!!

Then, even though we're enjoying all that France has to offer,
avoiding purchasing Snickers Bars,
and Dr. Pepper,
and even Old El Paso products...


...there are two familiar food products that I broke down and bought...


 
We haven't even opened the popcorn yet (too much good French food!), but we have tried the Golden Grahams, which (by the way) were made here in France (see it on the label in the lower left corner?).  The Golden Grahams are much less sweet than in the U.S.  Still, a nice little reminder of home!

Well, since this is kind of a random post today, I will show you some photos from a purchase at the Boulangerie last week...


Bet you're wondering what's inside that triangular package...


Okay...I'll end the Suspense...

Raspberry Tarts!







...and they were good!




 I hope you have a "Jewel" of a day!
Jan

1 comment:

  1. Haha! That's cool they have swiffer. Those soap tubes are a good idea, but they look tiny. Probably only serve for washing your hands 5 times with that haha! JK! Love and miss you :)

    ReplyDelete