Monday, October 29, 2012

Teatime with no Tea...


29/10/2012

Bonjour mes amis!

So, I got invited to join my friend, Karin, for Tea the other day.  Now, I'm not usually a big Tea drinker, but she mentioned a little Tea Salon that sounded nice, and I was happy to be out and about.

First, we decided to do a little walking and shopping, so she showed me a place to buy things inexpensively...which in the end was helpful because I was able to get a little plastic suction cup soap holder for Jewel Jr.'s Shower.

Hold on...

Oooops...back up the truck!  I promised my son...you know, the one I always call, "Jewel Jr."?  The one whose name I just mentioned, so I just remembered something...?

Well, he requested a Name Change a little while back, and I had kind of forgotten...whether it was completely planned on my part or not, I'm not sure... 

Why does everyone want to change their names anyway? 
I'm lovingly coming up with these beauties...

Okay...Jewel Jr. is a pretty prominent player on my blog, so I will grant him this one wish...maybe for a nice backrub or something...this is his request...

Jewelius!

So, from henceforth, youngest son (aka Jewel Jr.) will be known as Jewelius!

No more name changes now...that's it!

Back to the Tea story now...no, I'll back up to before I even met up with Karin...

It was just a 15 minute walk to meet Karin.  I passed all the Familiar Sites...

For some reason, this little wrought iron piece always "speaks to me" when I pass it!

Get a load of those Red Leaves, especially against all the white of the buildings!

Check out what a foggy day it was!

I always think this fountain is adorable when I pass it!
We met at a tram stop, and walked and made a couple stops...as I was saying...

This is where we went next...


...and guess what was just in front of the Tea Salon?


Yup!  That adorable fountain!

We went into the Tea Salon...and guess what?  We didn't even have Tea!

I had some nice french-pressed coffee, and Karin enjoyed some Hot Chocolate infused with some Ginger...


Check out those awesome Doors behind us...sorry, nevermind, I'm getting off the subject...still smitten by my Countdown this week...

It was a Quirky Little Place with bookcases full of books and an opportunity to sketch on empty pages of the Menu Book (...which I certainly didn't take advantage of, since I can't even draw a stick figure...), and you could write Poems on a back wall.  There was even an old fashioned cash register that the owner still uses!  We met a couple of American Students from Tennessee after having our...

"Teatime with no Tea"!

All in all...a very nice afternoon!

What do you prefer...Tea, Coffee or Hot Chocolate?  I'm so glad they served Coffee in the Tea Salon, but maybe next time, I'll actually order Tea!

Have a "Jewel" of a day!
Jan
(Proud Mother of Jewelius!)

1 comment:

  1. I love tea! And coffee is good too :) Jewelius Jr. loves his hot chocolate made by Dr. J

    ReplyDelete