Friday, October 12, 2012

Lazy Day in Dokkum!





12/10/2012

Bonjour mes amis!

I'm so glad you are joining me again today, so I can show you the last of my photos from Friesland!  If you missed my other posts, you can go HERE and HERE!

This is a typical Friesian house!

 All the signs in Friesland are written in the Dutch and Fries languages!
(Oh yes!  There's two languages in the region, and they're definitely different from eachother!)


 ...these were views along the way to Dokkum...






 ...and now we are in the quaint city of Dokkum!  These pictures speak for themselves...





 This is the Windmill Zeldenrust, and we were able to climb the ladders inside straight to the top and see the inner workings of the Windmill, and then view all around the city!
 







Now we will wander the city of Dokkum...






It was a cold day, so we decided to stop in this nice Hotel for a warm drink...


Jewel Jr. is happy with his Hot Chocolate!

The Friesian Flag, the Dokkum Flag and the Dutch Flag!


This is not a House Number on this building.  It's the year it was built!


Time to head back to say Farewell to our dear Family in their lovely garden...



 Until the next visit...

I hope you enjoyed seeing Dokkum with me today!

Fall is in the air and I feel like Baking, so come on back tomorrow and I will share some Pumpkin Bread (and my recipe) with you!

Until then, have a "Jewel" of a day!
Jan










1 comment:

  1. That is very cool, I never got to see the inside of a windmill, I would have liked to.

    Did you guys stay at Nel's house? Isn't it nice? I didn't get to see it completed with the addition.

    ReplyDelete