Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Click!


24/10/2012

Bonjour mes amis!

Last week, one evening, we were invited by an Association and the City of Orléans to attend an Exhibit Opening at the Musée des Beaux-Arts (Museum of Fine Art) here in Orléans, at 18h30, that's 6:30 PM.  (This is another thing we've had to get used to in France...military time!  It's getting easier, though...)

Anyway, we decided to go to the Museum...
  
The Collection called Déclics (translated, Clicks) is made up of contemporary photographs that dialogue with old paintings.  For example, there was a very old painting, probably completed in the 1500 or 1600's of people gathered and eating, and then a contemporary photograph of people gathered around a table eating and drinking.  Interesting juxtaposition...

Here's an example from the Invitation of the type of Art we viewed...
 
There was a little Cocktail Reception after the people in charge of the Exhibition talked about the addition to the Museum.  Gotta love the French...we got to enjoy sparkling white wine and cookies and walk around and observe all the Art!  It was interesting.  I had never been in the
Musée des Beaux-Arts before!

Since I wasn't able to take pictures inside the Museum, I shot a few as we left the Museum to walk home.  The Cathedral was right across the street.  Doesn't it look cool at night?

 




So amazing...the beauty of this building!
 
...and then, switching gears completely...

the next day, I needed to get to the Grocery Store...


 Seems like everyone was out shopping that day...

...and you might be able to tell, but it was drizzling a bit.  Well, I managed to get my groceries and get out without too much trouble (...it is getting a little easier...remember my post about grocery shopping?  To look back, click HERE), and then I got to enjoy some Fall beauty through the car windows...












and then, I hit a little "rush hour traffic" going over the Loire River Bridge...


 ...so I enjoyed more Fall beauty...





...and got safely home!  Jewel Jr. went and got us a yummy, crusty baguette, and we enjoyed a nice, hot bowl of homemade Chicken Noodle Soup on that Rainy Fall Evening!  Ah!  So relaxing...

I hope you are having a "Jewel" of a day!
Jan



4 comments:

  1. mom, all your picture taking while driving is scaring me.... haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry, Miss Sapphire...I was always stopped, I'm pretty sure, oh yes...at a light...in the parking lot...on the bridge...Safety First!

      Delete
  2. Hi!!!!!!!
    Your camera skills are awesome!
    All I ever get are blurry pics of my cats :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! Actually, it's the camera...belongs to Dr. J, but he shares. I just hold the camera very still...

    ReplyDelete