Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Baker's Dozen Countdown - Doors!


23/10/2012

Bonjour mes amis!

If you've been visiting my blog, you have no doubt seen that I annoy my family by taking so many pictures cherish and photograph all the rich beauty of Architecture here in Europe!

Well, in Today's Top Ten Countdown Baker's Dozen Countdown, I will share with you my Favorite Doors I've seen in Europe...so far!  It's an odd topic, I know, but this is a tough countdown for me, because...

I love them all,
and want them all!

I'll do my best to make some choices, but I'm going to have to "up the ante" from 10 to 13...


Let's get started...

#13


I hate picking this one for last, since I love it, but this is door #13!

#12
Isn't this a beaut?  All the detail...
 
#11

Simple and Homey and Sweet and Very Inviting...

#10

Look at the size of this beauty!

#9

Simple Wood Door, but look at the surround!

#8

This Church Door was for the Royal family to enter in the Netherlands!

#7

Aren't these awesome?

#6

I'm in love with all this Scrollwork on the Wooden Door!

(They just keep getting better and better, don't they?)
 Let's keep going...
 
#5

Not a surprise this is in my Top 5.  Wouldn't mind it for my own Front Door!

#4

So Beautiful!

#3

This was a Door for an Orphanage, and I just fell in love with it!

#2

I Love the Scrollwork AND the Stone!



and,

#1

This Paris Door I just adore!  I admired it from across the street and cropped this so we could zoom in on the detail


Which one would you choose as your Favorite???  I know, tough right?  It's quite a collection!

I could probably do a Top Ten Window Countdown sometime, too,

or a Top Ten Balcony Countdown,

or a...okay, I'm quitting now...


Have a "Jewel" of a Day!
Jan


2 comments:

  1. I like 3, 8, and 12!!! They are all incredibly unique.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. #3 started out as my favorite, so thanks for voting...as I said...so hard to choose a favorite. I'm glad you enjoyed seeing them. The rest of the Jewel Family rolls their eyes at me a lot when I take pictures of such things...BUT, they're getting used to it!

      Delete