Saturday, October 20, 2012

Friendship Love & Smiles in Paris...


20/10/2012

Bonjour mes amis!

This week, I received some friendship love from my dear friend, Mary Anne...


Awwww! Thank you so much, Mary Anne!  So thoughtful...I miss you!  Mary Anne knows I have this "thing" for Fleur-de-Lis, so she thinks of me every time she sees one!  I love it!  Plus, I appreciated her thoughtful card and the nice, long letter she wrote inside to fill me in on what's going on in Texas in my absence.

Well, what to write about today...how about Paris?  We haven't talked about Paris since...

Yesterday?

Okay, okay...well, I do have more to share if you'll allow me...

I do hope you liked all my Architectural Love Photos.  Today, I'd like to just share some random things from Paris, since our friend, Bret, took us all over the place...


He took us by the American Church in Paris, with Services in English...(sorry, didn't get a shot of the whole Church!)



...and the Army Museum, though we didn't take the time to enjoy the Museum inside...





As we walked along we saw, hidden behind the trees, one of the buildings of the famed, Paris-Sorbonne University...




And then we saw some things that made us smile...

Check out this T-Shirt!  (Jewel Jr. came home from School one day with a mustache drawn on his finger.  Now we know what he's supposed to do with it!)


...and check out this cute Restaurant.  Jewel Jr. was trying to translate what it said along the awning...

Boire=Drink (knew that one)
Manger=Eat (knew that one, too!)

but, Bavarder???

Jewel Jr.'s first comment was that it was annoying talk...

Well, translated, it's chat or chatting, but we thought it was really funny that Jewel Jr. translated it as "annoying"!  (We had fun with this one for a while...)


Then, Bret took us to this Canadian Book Shop, where you can get books in English.  You should be able to see it pretty well, but books are stacked completely up to the ceiling in the whole shop!  It was an amazing site!


Yum!  Just walking by...but couldn't avoid snapping a photo of all the colorful beauty in this shop!


Well, we did stop for a coffee/hot chocolate break, because we were tired of walking, and it was still rainy out, and getting a bit chillier...Dr. J and Jewel Jr. decided to rid their pockets of some centième (that's cent coins...perhaps I'll show you coins and Euro bills in more detail in another post!)



There were also some views of nice Churches ...


...and the St. Sulpice Cathedral, which boasts a huge pipe organ, and is featured in the book, The Davinci Code...





...and of course, Notre Dame...




I'll close this post with a few Nighttime shots along the Seine River...

Hôtel de Ville



Back side view of Notre Dame!

Breathtaking!

I am officially done sharing Paris photos...for now...

I hope you have a "Jewel" of a day!
Jan

1 comment:

  1. That door should have been in your baker's dozen. M-Cus --> you would translate chat as annoying hahahahah!!!

    ReplyDelete