Friday, January 4, 2013

The Day after Christmas...

4/1/2013

Bonjour mes amis!

I hope you are still relishing sweet memories of Christmas 2012.  I know I am.

Our children were all here in France with us for Christmas.  Once they were all here, we hung around Orléans for the first few days, anticipating our Christmas together, but as soon as the festivities were done, we headed to Paris for three days!

Do you mind if I just share some Paris fun with you for a few posts?

I have been pestering for kindly requesting a trip to...
Sacré-Cœur and Montmarte.
Amidst the planning, Dr. J agreed we could go.  It helped that my girls are real creative and also wanted to go where all the Artists hang out, so they supported my case.  (Thanks, girls!)

Here's Sacré-Cœur...



It's quite a hike up the Hill...many steps...



We walked, but the Funicular is an option for those who don't like uphill climbs...



The views of Paris were worth the climb, despite the cloudy day we had...


...and here's the Cathedral...



...and three of my kiddos...we lost the Diamond Duo for a little bit...



Dr. J is obsessed with enjoys Stained Glass Windows, so I always surrender the camera when we go inside Churches and Cathedrals...



So Beautiful...and you know of my obsession with cool old doors (the pictures just don't do this justice)...


There was a Christmas Market with numerous booths nearby...


We stopped for a little lunch, so I think I'll pause here and tell you about Montmarte in another post...


What did you do the day after Christmas?  It's still so hard to believe we are enjoying this beautiful country.  We are usually enjoying some snow in Chicago for Christmas/New Years..

We really missed being with our extended family this Christmas, and I, for one, missed those drives out in the country prairie lands of Illinois, seeing snow covered barns, and fields of white.  Hmmm!

Dr. J is whisking us away for the weekend, so I'll talk with you again next week!  In the meantime, I do wish you a "Jewel" of a day!
Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment