Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Details from an Incredible Spanish Cathedral!

15/01/2013

Bonjour mes amis!

We're back in Madrid, Spain today...and we're going to make a little visit into the Cathedral I mentioned in Saturday's post.  Normally, wherever you go in Europe, you can enter Cathedrals quite freely and just have a look around.  We were surprised to enter the Cathedral I'm going to show you today, only to find that a woman stopped us at a table and charged One Euro each for us to tour the Cathedral.  We haven't been charged before, but then I noticed a sign that said that the fee was to help pay for the maintenance of this Cathedral.  Well, in my estimation, they were truly using the fees to help maintain the building...it was quite beautiful and quite well preserved.  Let's have a look around...

This is the Catedral De La Almudena!
As you can see, we actually viewed this Cathedral at dusk, so we weren't able to enjoy the Stained Glass Windows to their full potential, but I'm a detail person, so I still really enjoyed all the details inside.  For this post, I'll just keep quiet and let you enjoy the beauty on your own...




















Quite an amazing place to visit.  We enjoyed it.  I still have more to show you in Madrid, so come back and visit with me again tomorrow...and I promise...there will be Fireworks!

I hope you have a "Jewel" of a day!
Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment