Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Love the Art in Montmarte!

23/01/2013

Bonjour mes amis!

How are you today?  Well, we're mid-way through the week now!

Remember way back when, earlier this month, when I was telling you all about my Adult Children's visit with us over Christmas and New Years?  Well, I got side-tracked, telling you about going to Madrid, and writing about lots of other things.  Since I really don't want to forget all the fun we had with everyone, I want to remember back for a few days...

But First...(here I go again...I know, hopeless, right?)...
Let me share just one Christmas present I received from the two guys I live with, Dr. J and Jewelius...pretty much, this is something I asked for, and stood them in front of the store, looking in the window, pointing at the item told them which store they could find it in...

But, aren't these the sweetest cake plates?


Each plate has French writing in the background about the "Eternal Snow on the heights of the Mountains, and the Majestic Landscape and the Sky making the boundary between Heaven and Earth", and each plate is quite darling!  I love them!  The guys bought me 8 of them (because I told them that's how many I wanted).  We've been enjoying dessert on them, and as far as I figure, I can use them all Winter long... 

This one's my favorite...



Okay...well, let's finally get to our visit to Montmarte, in Paris today...

First we went to see St. Pierre-de-Montmarte.  It is one of the oldest Churches in Paris, consecrated in 1147.  It is very close to Sacre Coeur.  (We couldn't take a good picture of the outside, because there were cars, trucks and vendors nearby because of all the Christmas Market stands).  The Church was originally a Roman Temple, so Dr. J wanted to check out the old Roman columns that still survive inside the Church...and here's one of them...

This is from the 7th Century!
With Dr. J holding the camera, you had to know there would be Stained Glass Windows...




 ...and of course, I begged for the Door picture when we got outside...


...and now we can go to where all the Artists hang out in Montmarte!  Amazing Talent!



Ms. Sapphire (seen on the right in her white coat!) spent some time considering which Artist she wanted to buy a piece from...


Several Artists approached us to sketch us, but we didn't take the time for this...


 ...and from there, we just wandered the hilly streets...





Look at this...a little Vineyard right here in Paris!


It was a really nice day for us to enjoy together!  I hope you have a "Jewel" of a day...
See you tomorrow!
Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment