Thursday, January 3, 2013

Owls are so "in" right now!

03/01/2013

Bonjour mes amis!

I'm going to let you in on a little Family Joke...

For more than a year, I guess I've been using a phrase which my family teases me about...

"Owls are so "in" right now!"

Last Christmas, my son, Jewelius, made me a Homemade Snowglobe with an Owl and "snow", and the phrase "Owls are so "in" right now!" on the outside of the globe.  It was meant for a joke for me, to tease me, of course, but he did a good job making it. Ms. Sapphire provided this zoomed in picture of the snowglobe so y'all can see it...


Earlier in our stay here in France, I sent my children an email when I spotted this purse in a store, and I asked them if I should purchase it...of course, stating, "Owls are so "in" right now"...


Haha!  It's really not quite my style anyway...

This year, the Owls ARE still "in", as we've even seen while visiting Châteaux...



So...while I was out going to different Christmas Markets here in Orléans, I found a cute Owl Candle, and decided I had to purchase it for a Christmas Joke while my family is visiting us here.  Unfortunately, I forgot all about the purchase, and ended up surprising my family on New Year's Day instead, with our addition to the Apartment.  Here he is...

 
He's an awesome addition to our Holiday Decor!  Now, YOU are "in" on our Family Joke!  And...I'm sure there will be many more Owls popping up in our conversations...

Have a "Jewel" of a day!
Jan




No comments:

Post a Comment