Friday, January 25, 2013

Not just another day in Paris!

25/01/2013

Bonjour mes amis!

I have a new Friend here in France!  She's kind and fun, and we have lots in common already!  I have a neat opportunity to work with her, too.  She lives in an Old Home in the Country (oooh! aaaah!), and she wants a Makeover.  She's friends with Michèle...(they're fellow actresses), whose apartment I showed you the other day.  (Click HERE if you want to take a peak back).  For now, we're making plans (and next week, we start Shopping!) for her Living Room and Dining Room...I'm calling it her Grand Salon!  I'm sure there will be a post down the road, if she's willing, but in the meantime...
She's Spoiling Me!
Michèle told me she makes really good desserts, and it has been a treat to visit with her!  The first time I went to her house, we enjoyed an Apple Tart and Tea together (sorry, no picture).  This week, she served me Coffee and a delicious Meringue, and then sent me home with a few to share (which, of course, I DID share with Dr. J and Jewelius)!  Take a look!


I figured this was worth photographing!


Something caught my eye today where we store our Recyclables until they go out.  It was the little Spanish Olive Can you see above.  Dr. J bought a can to bring back from Madrid, because he LOVES Olives...(does this mean he's eaten them all already?)  Anyway, I thought the can was cute and colorful, and I grabbed it out rescued it to hold a few of the last greens left from our Christmas boughs.  I don't want to let go of these greens, but I will have to, and hopefully, my little Red Kalanchoe Plant (who recently got another haircut) will grow back some pretty flowers for Spring!

Today, I want to tell you about another day in Paris with my Adult Children, but not just another day...it was Special, because every moment we had our family here with us in France was VERY SPECIAL!

It was agreed by all.  We must go to the Eiffel Tower...along with everybody and their brother!  It was very crowded two days after Christmas.


We had already decided to take the stairs for the first two stories, which is about the equivalent of climbing 40 flights of stairs!  Ms. Emerald and I stuck together (having just come to the Eiffel Tower only a week earlier).  We were both donning beautiful crocheted hats, made by Ms. Emerald.  Mine was a Christmas present!  She made one for Ms. Sapphire, too!


The views certainly were worth the climb!




Take a look at the long line we could have been in, if we had chosen the Elevator route!






While we were gazing at the wonder of Paris, the skies got gray and dark, and there were short bouts of rain.  The unfortunate thing, was that we could no longer take the Elevator to the top from this level.  (The previous week, we were able to just catch the elevator and go all the way up.)  Two days after Christmas, with the crowds the way they were, they were not allowing access from our level.  Too bad for us.  We didn't know this in advance.  Should we have waited in that LONG line?  Well, even though we were frustrated, fortunately for us, we'd all been to the Eiffel Tower before, and we could just move on, and get to even more sites that day.  We still got to see some great views!

Here we all are!


Isn't this an amazing structure?


I'll be showing you some gorgeous night-time views of the Eiffel Tower in the next few days!  It is so iconic, isn't it?  This is what everyone thinks of when they think of Paris.  I hope to continue to show you that there's so much more to Paris...but, it's still fun to visit the Eiffel Tower!

I think I'll close this post off now, but be sure to come back tomorrow for more fun!

Have a "Jewel" of a day!
Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment