Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Sunday Morning Coffee Cake...for Dinner!

 
30/01/2013

Bonjour mes amis!

Amazing that we're to the middle of another week already!  Where does the time go?

Well, now that you all know that I have a New Years Resolution to keep...

Finishing the Rosetta Stone Program in French!

Oh nuts!  Had you forgotten?  Well, I'm trying...


I'm trying hard to keep on working.  It takes me a long time to do those Core Lessons though, because I insist on writing everything down from the Core lessons.  I think writing them down helps me maintain them better in my brain.  Plus, if I write it all down, I tend to do better on the written sections (yes, I'm learning to write French, too)!  Well, I'm boring you, so let's get to the subject of choice today.

I've been sharing lots of travel photos with you, and I thought it was about time to share another Recipe...a Family Favorite.  Dr. J wasn't home for dinner last night, and since Jewelius likes breakfast for dinner, I started thinking Brunch, you know, with Eggs and Fruit, and Coffee Cake!  Wait!  Coffee Cake for dinner?  Sure, why not?

Growing up, I had a Mom who was, and still is, an excellent Baker, so she has tons of really good Recipes...you know, the kind from Friends and Church Cookbooks!  They are the Best!  Well, I don't know where this Recipe came from, but I clearly remember my Mom making it occasionally for Sunday mornings ('cause that was the day we were allowed to have something Sweet for Breakfast), and I've made it tons of times myself for Sunday mornings as well.  We call it...

Wonderful Coffee Cake!

Original, huh?  I don't know where the name came from, or where my Mom got the Recipe from, but it's easy to make, tastes good, and it's out of the oven in 35 minutes...oh, and did I mention...there's Chocolate in the recipe?

First here's the Recipe...

Wonderful Coffee Cake

2 cups Flour
1 tsp. Salt
1/2 cup Sugar
2 tsp. Baking Powder
1 egg
1 cup of Milk
1/3 cup of Vegetable Oil
1+ cups of Chocolate Chips

Mix together all Ingredients.
Spoon into a greased 8X8 pan.
Bake at 375 degrees for 35 minutes.
(approx. 180 degrees in France) 
Cool and dust with Confectioner's Sugar.


In France, Chocolate Chips aren't a very popular thing to purchase, but I found some small, Dark Chocolate Chips...


(***I do apologize for the quality of my photos today.  Dr. J has the good camera,
and I had to take my photos with the "point and shoot" for this post...)

And, here is the"Wonderful Coffee Cake"...



Voila!  Coffee Cake for Dinner!  Of course, have a little Protein and Fruit with it!  You get to have your Dessert with your Main Course!

Easy, Easy recipe!  It will be a hit with just a nice Cup of Coffee, too, for Breakfast or a Mid-Morning Break!

As always, have a "Jewel" of a day!
Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment