Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Christmas Eve Memories!


02/01/2013

Bonjour mes amis!

I hope you enjoyed the first day of the New Year!  I did.  It was nice and quiet.  We had a nice big Brunch around 11:00 AM, and then I started a big pot of Chili for dinner.  We all downloaded pictures from eachother, since today, three of our family had to return to the United States.  (I'm not sure how many computers can be in use on one Internet Connection, but I'm sure we put it to the test yesterday!)  Today, we're praying for safe travel for our loved ones.

Let me take care of a little "Housekeeping" a minute.  A few of you have asked how to get my blog by email, even if you don't have a gmail account.  I have added a space at the bottom of the page you are on (not the bottom of this post, but the bottom of the page) that you can scroll down to, and submit your email, so each time I make a new post, you will receive it by email.  Thank you so much for visiting with me.  I hope you enjoy it!

Now...I'm just thinking back on Christmas Eve...

On Christmas Eve Day, Dr. J took all the Family on a little walk around Orléans, so I could work on making a really Special Dinner for the family.  I managed to find a Turkey...only 7 pounds, but I made an additional Turkey Breast, and it was plenty for us...

Here he is, waiting to be roasted! 


I also managed to find some fresh Cranberries!  Check out the label...
"Les Cranberries des Etats-Unis".
That means "Cranberries from the United States!  I'm so glad they imported them for us.  I hadn't been able to find any during our Thanksgiving!


Here is the Apple Crumble Pie I made in a Tart Pan!  It was really good!


When the family came back, they "vegged" for a while with the Wii and their computers...



Turkey's ready to be cut...


The Table's all set...




I made sure there was candlelight everywhere!  (Now you know what I did with all those empty wine bottles!)





Dinner was served...


My Special Family...


A little Christmas Toast!


We sure did share a special evening together!

I hope you have some Special Memories to think on as you enter this New Year!

Have a "Jewel" of a day!
Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment