Saturday, January 12, 2013

One Night in Madrid...


12/01/2013

Bonjour mes amis!

I know I've been rather absent lately, but I really wanted to enjoy having my family here for the Holidays...and I did!  Sadly, we had to put Ms. Emerald on a plane today...HAD TO, because her 2nd Semester University classes start on Monday, and it's a LONG trip back...

I have so much to blab blog about, and I'm really excited to get going again.  I'll be showing you more of France and Spain, and sharing cultural differences I notice, and of course, I have another New Recipe to share on Monday, so I hope you will continue to come back.  I know sometimes I get lengthy with my posts, so feel free to have a cup of coffee while you sit with me, because I usually have one at my side while I'm writing to you!

In my last post, I started to share about our long weekend away in Madrid, Spain.  Well, I haven't shown you the BEST PARTS yet, so keep on coming back...

We spent three nights in Madrid, so let me first tell you about our first night there.

Admittedly, I have a "thing" for pretty lampposts...

This was at the Royal Palace though!

The following photo is a very pretty and large Cathedral in Madrid.  I took numerous pictures inside, because it is quite beautiful, and was so well preserved.  (I'll show you the inside in another post, since I got a bit artsy with the camera in there!)



Then, we wandered to the Plaza Mayor and were treated to some awesome Christmas lights both in the Plaza and the side streets...




You can see how happy Ms. Emerald and Jewelius are to be together enjoying Madrid...





Can you guess what I mentioned to Jewelius?  I mean, Owls are so "in" right now!



This Lizard was made completely out of CDs!
We made a nice little stop for dinner...





 ...and then went back to Puerta Del Sol to see the big tree by night!





...and took a goofy picture of the four of us inside...


...and because it was the final night before Spaniards give their Christmas gifts, the stores were open late, so we shopped around for a while.  We spent quite a bit of time in a huge department store called, "El Corte Ingles".  We went up 9 Elevators until we reached the top floor of the Store, and they had a wonderful Gourmet section on that level.  Lots of late night fun!



I hope you've enjoyed seeing Madrid by night!  Our most awesome night is coming yet for me to tell you about.  Just a hint...it involved Fireworks!


Now I've learned the word for Jewel in Spanish, so I hope you have a "Joya" of a day!
Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment