Thursday, December 6, 2012

Yerseke - Let's See the Village!


06/12/2012

Bonjour mes amis!

I'm so glad you are taking a short break with me today.  I know you are busy!

As promised, I'm back to show you the village of Yerseke, The Netherlands, (To pronounce the name, Yerseke, it sounds more like "Ear-seka", of course, with some gutteral sounds in there...)!  It's in the southern part of The Netherlands, and it's where both my Mother and my Father's families came from, before they immigrated to Long Island, New York...in the good old U.S.A.!

My dear hubby, Dr. J, anticipated all my blogging needs, and snapped this photo of the village sign!  Wasn't that sweet?



A good 12+ years ago, Dr. J and I made a trip to Yerseke and stayed in a very welcoming B&B, so we booked rooms there again.  Here's where we stayed...B&B Sinke...It's actually quite a large home...the lots are narrow, but they are very deep...this is the home of a retired couple, and they even have a garden house out back on the property that you can rent overnight as well...


...and here's the views from our rooms...








Nice views, don't you think?

The night we arrived, we drove over to see "distant" cousin, Kees, and we made a plan to see Yerseke on foot the next morning, so for today, I'll just share some views in the Village, and along the Dike and Harbor, and tomorrow, I'll be back to share some really fun stuff about Industry in Yerseke!

We ate in this Restaurant the first night!





Views along the Dike...








Can you read the name on this building?  I don't think I've ever seen such a long word!!

...and here is Kees...our tour guide!
I know you are busy planning, and decorating and baking, but I have some really fun stuff to show you tomorrow, so come on back...

Have a "Jewel" of a day!
Jan

1 comment: