Saturday, December 15, 2012

"Now THIS is a Castle!"

15/12/2012

Bonjour mes amis!

I've been doing a little Christmas Shopping in Orléans with some new friends I've made.  I picked up this adorable ornament to remember our stay in France, for next year's Christmas Tree, but now, I have it hanging on our Living Room Door...

 
Today, I will continue to share our adventures here in France, by taking you to another Château, but not just any Château...

To quote my Dad... 

"Now THIS is a Castle!"

My parents were recently here for a wonderful Visit!  We went to all sorts of wonderful places, and did so many interesting things...such a nice variety of viewing France...

...but, apparently one of my Dad's last days here, was one of his best!

I think we took him to four Châteaux over the course of his visit, but the last one he saw was his favorite!  Let's take a look around at...

Château de Sully-sur-Loire


This is my Dad's vision for what a real Castle looks like!  I guess it IS usually what we think of when we say the word, "Castle"!

Now, for the view out to the Grounds...



This guy greeted us on the way in...

I realize my Dad was really "digging" this place, but take a look at the awesome hinge on this door...such craftsmanship!  I was really "digging" this!




Every Castle had to have a bedroom specifically for the King, just in case he visited...




We started to climb levels and got a nice outside view...






Couldn't resist this Chandelier, but also, check out the ceiling!  Awesome!






I was quite taken by this ceiling!


...and this small corridor...

...and naturally, this Door!




I hope you enjoyed your visit to the Castle at Sully-sur-Loire as much as my Dad did!

Have a "Jewel" of a Day!
Jan

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely LOVE the door picture with the fall vines wrapping around it!

    ReplyDelete