Monday, December 3, 2012

Sneaky American Tourists at the Louvre!


03/12/2012

Bonjour mes amis!

Next stop...The Louvre in Paris!  Paris is a one hour train ride from where we are living right now.  It's a pleasant trip to make on the train, versus driving in all the Paris traffic!  My parents and Jewelius and I took the train, and then crossed over on a Metro train, directly to the Louvre, one of the most outstanding places to visit in Paris...there's Art for everyone to enjoy!

I'm going to share photos of Sculpture, Paintings, etc., but there's no way to capture the wonder of the Louvre.  Yes, the Art is outstanding, but I couldn't help myself looking up...the Museum itself is a Work of Art with masterful Architecture and ceilings and doorways...Wow!

Enjoy!  First some Sculpture!




This spoke Christmas to me!

This Mosaic spoke "Quilt" to my Mom!
As I said, I couldn't help but keep looking up!  Amazing!



My favorite stop at the Louvre that day, was to visit Napoleon's Apartments...beautiful, but oh, so over the top!









More looking up...


...and I thought this helmet was pretty awesome looking...



...and some looking out the Windows...




...and how about this Gallery?







A view outside from this Gallery...




...and I know you're all wondering if I battled the crowds to see this Work of Art...



By early afternoon, we were getting quite hungry.  Knowing that anything in the Museum would be...

Very Expensive...

...we had wisely made sandwiches, and grabbed along a bag of grapes.  However, when it came time to eat, we studied the map of the Louvre and wandered all around, but couldn't find a cafeteria to purchase a drink and eat our sandwiches...I think they were all outside of the entrance...

so....

...we got in line to go into a little Restaurant, and thought we'd ordered dessert and coffee (which still cost us over 30 Euros for 4 drinks and two desserts!), and...


...we ate our sandwiches when our waitress wasn't nearby!

(Such sneaky American Tourists, we are!)

Fortunately, we were seated in a corner, a long way from the kitchen!  We were starved, what else could we do?

Well, after feeling fully nourished, and now, having a fun story to share from the Louvre, we headed back out to view more Art!

Still looking up for me...








This pretty painting just spoke to me!





It was quite a day...and we definitely didn't see it all!

I hope you enjoyed this little stop at The Louvre in Paris!  I have so many more pictures that I didn't share, but trust me, this is a place worth going to.  I'm thinking we'll go again....hmmmmm!

Have a "Jewel" of a day!
Jan

1 comment: