Saturday, December 8, 2012

Do you know the Mussel Man?


08/12/2012

Bonjour mes amis!

Christmas came to our Home in France today...


Our dear friends in Parker, Texas, instructed us to open these gifts right away, so we could enjoy them for Christmas!


 Wow!  What fun and joy we received today.  The best part...the LOVE WE RECEIVED FROM HOME!  Thank you dear friends!  (I can't help but point out the Fleur-de-Lis in the Santa clothes...too fun!)

How are you doing today?   I'm kind of excited.  We have some fun Christmas things going on this weekend.  I'm planning to attend a Christmas Market this afternoon, and we have a lovely Dinner Invitation this evening.  Jewelius even has a Christmas Party to attend.

'Tis the Season...

I wanted to share one more Post with you about our visit to Yerseke, The Netherlands.  Yesterday, I showed you some shots from an Oyster Business.  Today, I'm going to share a few shots from the Marine Museum (that cousin Kees got us into, even though it was closed...we didn't break in...had a legitimate guide...)  Yerseke is also known for Mussels, and Kees works in the Mussel business.  At the edge of the Harbor, there is a statue of a "Mussel Man".  Here's a replica in the Museum, and I'll show you the real thing further down...



I didn't mention yesterday about the Oosterschelde.  This picture isn't too great, but it is a map of the breakdown of the Oyster Farmers, if you will.  Each Oyster Company pays to fish certain areas for their Oysters.  Very interesting...then, they bring the Oysters in, sort and clean them (as I showed you yesterday), and then bring them to their companies where they sit in the Oyster Beds, which I'll show you in a minute.


Display with the Mussel Shells!

These men were relatives of my Dad...

They even have a street named after the Mussels...
After our time at the Marine Museum, we went back to Kees' house, where he surprised us with a gift...
A Calendar for 2013 of Yerseke!



We will certainly enjoy this, and remember our time in Yerseke!

Out to view more sites...




Now you can say that you have atleast seen the Mussel Man!

Now for a quick stop at the Company Kees' son works for, to see the Oyster Beds...







Before our trip back to France, we had a wonderful dinner all together!


I hope you enjoyed visiting The Netherlands with me...

Have a "Jewel" of a Weekend!
Jan

1 comment: