Monday, December 10, 2012

We brake for Fireplaces!


10/12/2012

Bonjour mes amis!

I'm sitting here, humming Christmas music to the channel I'm listening to online, and it was just announced that it's only 15 days until Christmas!  Time is sure flying.  I'm not done decorating, and haven't done any baking, but we don't have much freezer space here anyway, so we'll probably bake next week and just enjoy all the pretty treats they have here otherwise!  I have been invited to make Truffles with a friend at the end of the week, so I'm excited for that!

I'm going to press on telling you about things we've done in France recently, and today I want to take you to another Château.  It's not just another Château though...

It's the biggest Château...Château de Chambord!

Talk about Curb Appeal!!!



 
I hope you enjoy these views of Château de Chambord...



 

 Most all of the Doors in the Château were carved with an "F" for Francois I and a Salamandar!



You knew there would be some Architectural pics for me to share!

Francois I


Gorgeous views outside of the countryside.  Château de Chambord was built in the country for use as a Hunting Lodge...some Lodge, huh?










Here's a view of the Moat!



And here is the theme of today's post.  It was a rather cold day, so we took advantage of every lit fireplace and warmed up!  It felt so good!  (I thought they might ask us to stop loitering!)


Isn't this staircase amazing?  Two people can take the double spiral staircase up or down without ever meeting!  (When we visited this Château in 2004, we were informed that this was useful for the Master to sneak out his mistress when his wife came...)  It is thought that perhaps Leonardo DaVinci designed this staircase.




My favorite shot from this visit, since you can see the shadow of the Fleur-de-Lis on the wall!

The Chapel!



Just a Hallway, but you can definitely see the Hunting Theme here!


Time to head back...



I hope you enjoyed seeing Château de Chambord.
See you tomorrow, my "Jewel" friends!
Jan  

1 comment: