Bonjour mes amis!
I hope you are well and safe today.
I just wanted to share a little Christmas Wreath I made for our Apartment. It was so simple to make...
The Wreath just brings a little color to our otherwise boring walls and I didn't have to spend much money! (Perhaps the wreath can turn into something else for Spring!!!)
Here's how I put it together:
1. I found a foam wreath form,
2. Cut strips of this interesting green stuff I found,
(for those who sew, it's kind of like Interfacing) that was being sold as package wrapping.
3. Then, I wrapped the strips around the wreath form and pinned them in place,
4. Cut a few holly leaves and added veins with a green pencil,
5. Crocheted three small flowers out of some dark red twine I found,
6. And glued everything in place.
7. Then I cut little pieces of regular twine and glued them in place for the Flower Pistils.
Hang it on the wall...or a door...Enjoy!
Today, I'd also like to tell you about my visit to the Village of Gien with my Parents. Gien is a beautiful Village, along the Loire River. Enjoy the pictures...
|So nice of them to plant Mums before we came...|
|We stopped in the Brasserie on the corner for Hot Chocolate, but got a kick out of seeing the Le Dallas Restaurant two doors down!|
|The Château Gien, but it was closed for Renovations!|
|Quaint little downtown area!|
|I got a kick out of this Dry Cleaning Shop Window with all the old Irons!|
...and we ended our time in Gien with a trip to Gien Pottery. I have been privileged to receive a couple pieces of their beautiful pottery as gifts from French friends!
I guess we didn't take any pictures inside...sorry!
I hope you enjoyed the views of this quaint Village.
Have a "Jewel" of a day!