Friday, December 14, 2012

A Little Stop in Gien...

14/12/2012

Bonjour mes amis!

I hope you are well and safe today.

I just wanted to share a little Christmas Wreath I made for our Apartment. It was so simple to make...

The Wreath just brings a little color to our otherwise boring walls and I didn't have to spend much money!  (Perhaps the wreath can turn into something else for Spring!!!)


Here's how I put it together:

1.  I found a foam wreath form,
2.  Cut strips of this interesting green stuff I found,
   (for those who sew, it's kind of like Interfacing) that was being sold as package wrapping.
3.  Then, I wrapped the strips around the wreath form and pinned them in place,
4.  Cut a few holly leaves and added veins with a green pencil,
5.  Crocheted three small flowers out of some dark red twine I found,
6.  And glued everything in place.
7.  Then I cut little pieces of regular twine and glued them in place for the Flower Pistils.

Hang it on the wall...or a door...Enjoy!

Today, I'd also like to tell you about my visit to the Village of Gien with my Parents.  Gien is a beautiful Village, along the Loire River.  Enjoy the pictures...


So nice of them to plant Mums before we came...



We stopped in the Brasserie on the corner for Hot Chocolate, but got a kick out of seeing the Le Dallas Restaurant two doors down!


The Château Gien, but it was closed for Renovations!

Quaint little downtown area!

I got a kick out of this Dry Cleaning Shop Window with all the old Irons!




...and we ended our time in Gien with a trip to Gien Pottery.  I have been privileged to receive a couple pieces of their beautiful pottery as gifts from French friends!




I guess we didn't take any pictures inside...sorry!

I hope you enjoyed the views of this quaint Village.
Have a "Jewel" of a day!
Jan

1 comment: