Saturday, March 9, 2013

Time Confusion, Wine Tasting and a Car Wash!

09/03/2013

Bonjour mes amis!

Happy Saturday to all!  I'm glad to see you today!

Can I just tell you about something that's confusing to me?  (That way you can all join in my confusion, if you're sympathetic, that is).  All my Family and Friends in the United States are going to change their clocks forward one hour tonight when they go to bed...

Oh!  Didn't you know?
Well, let this be your warning reminder then, or you'll be all messed up tomorrow!

Guess what, though?  In France, we are not changing our clocks until March 31...which, I might add, is also Easter Sunday!  The Jewel Gang will have a visitor from the U.S. at that time, so she's going to be really messed up...not only does she have to change times to fly here and adjust, she will then have to do a 2nd time change this month, which, in my estimation means that she will have lost two hours this Spring...but then again, she'll gain it back when she goes home...oh my...

See why I'm so confused?

I guess I don't see why we don't all just change clocks the same weekend world-wide?  I know you're wondering why I'm making such a big deal out of this...

Well, honestly, my first experience here taught me to be sensitive to this.  Last Fall, I got up and rushed off to Church one Sunday morning when I didn't know it was a time change weekend here (you know, the weekend you actually GAIN an hour?).  I was a whole hour early.  I got to take a walk instead...waiting for the Church Service to start...which was nice and all...but the extra hour of sleep could have been nice, too!  I had no idea that the U.S. and Europe do their time changes on different weekends.

Anyway, to all my American Family and Friends who follow this blog, I just wanted to tell you about this, since this means that for about 3 weeks, we will be one hour closer in the time gap...for my Dallas and Illinois Friends and Family, there will only be a 6 hour time difference...until the 31st, of course!

Enough rambling...let's get on to that Wine Tasting I promised...

While staying at the beautiful Chambre d'hôtes in Saint-Rémy-de-Provence over Winter Break, we were able to share breakfast one morning with some other guests, who happen to visit the area often.  So, we asked them if they recommended any certain Wines or Vintners from the Region, since we do like to try different wines.  Absolutely!  They immediately got our Host and Hostess involved, and we were being given brochures, and being told which wines to buy...Wow!  Well, guess "that answered that" for where we were going during our stay!

And we did...just a ten or fifteen minute drive away...


Out in the Country...


Guess they grow Lavendar as well...

  
Okay, I didn't really take pictures of us tasting the wine, because then the Vintner would probably roll her eyes and shake her head and whisper "Americans!" under her breath...but I'll show you one of the bottles we bought and are enjoying...in case you ever run across this Vintner...because this Vineyard came HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!





Isn't the Label pretty?  Doesn't it remind you of our trip to Les Baux-de-Provence yesterday, looking out at all the fields from the Mountaintops?

Well, after all of our driving, Dr. J felt we needed to stop for a Car Wash...really, you ask?  You are stopping for a Car Wash in France?  Well, actually yes...if you saw how dirty the car was, you'd see that we needed it badly...so, we're stopping for a car wash...

Jewelius and I remained in the car, so I grabbed the camera, while Dr. J figured out what to do...mind you, we still are not fluent in French, so sometimes, we are still challenged...but, Dr. J and Jewelius got it...



Isn't this a fun shot?


Did you notice?  The car we are renting has two sun-rooves, so even Jewelius has one to enjoy in the back seat!


Ah!  Much better...

We should go out for dinner!  How does this place sound?


Oh, yes, we did!  Texans gotta have beef!  And, we got great big Hamburgers, that were absolutely delicious!  The mural on the Bathroom Door made us laugh...made us long for some Chick-Fil-A...


We asked our Server...he never heard of Chick-Fil-A!
 
This following sign was just outside the Restaurant.  Can you read the information for Today's Burger?  It says, "Laughing Cow"!  Hahaha!


The food was absolutely excellent...we are in France, of course...and we had the most delightful Server!  He made our evening there so much fun!

Okay, tomorrow, I'll see you at what ever time it is...I'll be confused until we're all back on the same schedule...

Thanks for stopping by...
Have a "Jewel" of a day!
Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment