Thursday, March 7, 2013

Walk with me in Avignon!

07/03/2013

Bonjour mes amis!

What are you up to today?  Got time for a walk?  How about a walk in...

Avignon, France? 

I promise, nothing uphill, and there will be a Reward at the end of the Excursion.  Avignon is an old city, so today, I'd like us to take a walk along some of the narrow streets, as well as a few short stops at Cathedrals in the city.

Ready?  Okay, let's head out...


I told you the streets were narrow...

Make sure you notice the Architecture along the way...
(This is my blog, and you had to know that I'd be pointing out Architecture!)



Now, let's stop at a Cathedral...Saint Didier...


Each of the Historical Churches have such a sign...really nice!




 Next, Eglise de Carmes...




and finally, Eglise Saint-Pierre...




Ah!  Now, here's some space to move around...


Well, that didn't last long...more narrow streets...



Well, you were a Trooper...here's your Reward...you can have dinner with us!



It's almost too pretty to eat!


Well, those beady little eyes didn't thrill me, but that was Dr. J's dinner.

There WAS Chocolate for Dessert, but we neglected to take a photo of that.  Sorry!

Thanks for taking this little Walk with me.  How about another one tomorrow?  Except, I'm warning you right now...you better wear good shoes tomorrow, because there will be some uphill stuff...but the views are Awesome!

Until then...have a "Jewel" of a day!
Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment