Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Progress...and more time in Provence!

05/03/2013

Bonjour mes amis!

I'm enjoying the Sunshine...what about you?

I thought I'd show you our Progress on a couple things I've told you about.

Dr. J is going strong on this...


He'd really like more help from me and Jewelius, but let me tell you...this is a hard Puzzle!

And...

I've made Progress on my "Road Trip Winter Project", because we drove to Provence, or rather...Dr. J drove to Provence!
(To take a look back at my initial post about this, click HERE, if you like).



I'm probably about 2/3 done now!  Since the big "Road Trip" is done now, I'll be completing this during the evenings.  On Sunday night, the three of us enjoyed the old Bill Murray Movie, "What about Bob?", so I had some time to get lots done.  (Hilarious movie, by the way, if you haven't seen it.  Jewelius loved it.  It was his first time to see it!)

Well, now let me tell you a little bit more about Provence.
First stop today...Gordes...


Nice drive up Curb Appeal, huh?
 


It was a rather quiet Town...



And now some views on the other side of the Mountain!






  
Further on in Gordes, we went to see the Village of the Bories... 
This Village was built several centuries ago with stacked stones and no mortar!


The stones were stacked just so, so that any rainwater would roll off, and keep the huts dry.





It was an interesting place to visit...


After we left Gordes, we were driving through some beautiful country, so I'll share a couple photos along the way...


The vineyards are ready for Spring and Summer...



We stopped in one last quaint village, Fontaine De Vaucluse before returning to Isle-sur-la-Sorge for Dinner...








The Home above looked so inviting on the cold day we were here...bet the fire inside was nice and toasty!

**************************************************

I know that was a lot to pack in for one post, but we packed our days quite tightly while we were in Provence, wanting to see as much as we could.  I think we accomplished our goal.  I think we went back to the Chambre d'hôtes on this particular evening and enjoyed another small glass of that Magnum bottle of Wine just to relax...

Thinking back on the beginning of my post...I'm wondering...have you made progress on any projects lately?  I'm loving to look back and see where things were, and where they've progressed to be.  Maybe you should photograph your progress, too!  It's very motivating...

Have a "Jewel" of a day!
Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment