Friday, March 22, 2013

Tale of Two Churches!

22/03/2013

Bonjour mes amis!

It's the Weekend!  Happy Friday to all!

Today, let's finish up our views in Marseille, France, and then we will move on to the Coastal Village of Cassis!  Today, we'll visit the two Churches I mentioned in a post a couple days ago...BUT, I'm not really going to tell you any tales.  I'll just let the pictures speak for themselves.

First, Les Cathédrale de la Major...


Entering at the Front Doors...


And a little more Detail...




Now, let's see inside...






Aren't these Mosaic floors amazing?  I was quite taken with them.

Now, let's move on to Notre-Dame de la Garde!

It is located on the highest natural point in Marseille...


We took a city bus to arrive at the Basilica, and then were greeted with awesome views all around...





And now, let's go inside...






 








I hope you enjoyed viewing these magnificent buildings!

I need to go now, because I made a Carrot Cake, and it needs some Cream Cheese Frosting, plus, I need to finish cleaning the Apartment and fix Dinner.  We have guests coming tonight!

What are you doing this weekend?  Whatever you do, I hope you have a "Jewel" of a weekend!
Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment