Monday, March 25, 2013

Palms, Projects and a Puce!

25/03/2013

Bonjour mes amis!

"The Large Crowd...
took the branches of palm trees
 and went out to meet Jesus,
and began to shout
'Hosanna!
BLESSED IS HE WHO COMES IN THE NAME OF THE LORD!'"
(from John 12:12, 13)

Did you know that yesterday was Palm Sunday, a day to commemorate when the crowds of Jerusalem Honored and Praised Jesus, waving Palm Branches?  What a glorious parade that must have been!

This week, we will also remember our Savior's Death and Resurrection (on Easter Morning)!  I hope this is a special week of reflection and rejoicing for you!

***************************************************

It seems rather trivial to write about a few other things, compared with the wonder of Easter week, but since I gave you three "P's" in my Title, I'll share a couple more things...

I told you recently that I had finished my "Winter Road Trip Project", so let me just share a photo with you.  I really like it...


So, now I've started another project...just for fun...making Yoyos!  I haven't decided what this project is going to be yet.  You make all these little yoyos and link them together...


Perhaps it will be a Table Runner, or it could be a fun Coverlet for a Bed, if I wanted to make about a trillion of these!  I'll let you know...for now, I'm just having fun sewing these little babies...


This weekend, we got to a Puce, or more specifically, a Marché aux Puces, or really, it was more like a Vide Grenier, which, more specifically is an Empty Attic AKA Garage Sale!  Okay.  Okay.  I wanted a "P" word, and my friend always calls them "Puces"!  Puce in French means Flea...hence the word, Flea Market.

As I was saying, we went to one this weekend.  It was huge...many, many Vendors, and even food was available.  We got ourselves some Foie Gras Sandwiches!  Yum!

We did get a few little Treasures as well...



I was quite taken with this little "Fleur de Sel" Pot with the Scoop, for Salt.  I've seen these in older French Kitchens, and just thought it was a nice little conversation piece to have next to the stove while cooking...


This is a painted Scene done by a local man in Chécy.  (This is the town we went to for the Puce).  A canal runs through the Village, so it was quite picturesque.  It was difficult choosing from the Paintings, but I loved the Bridge, and the Stone Houses in the background.  Hopefully, I can find a nice place for this in my Home in Dallas.

And...Dr. J even found something useful...



A Decanter!  It was only One Euro!  Can't go wrong with that price!  Oh, he also bought a Grill tool that is necessary for grilling sausages out on the Sidewalk!  (I didn't think you'd mind if I didn't take a picture of that).



I'm sure you have many preparations to make this week...as do I, since a childhood friend of mine is coming for a visit.  Amidst all the busyness, do take time to reflect on what Jesus Christ has done for us.  He is Risen!

I hope you have a Fabulous "Jewel" of a Week!
Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment