Thursday, March 28, 2013

Chaumont-sur-Loire & Sneaky American Tourists 3!

28/03/2013

Bonjour mes amis!

I hope you are well.  Seems the week has just flown again, and another weekend is upon us...a very special weekend...Happy Easter to all!

A while back, I started this Post, and then the busyness of Christmas came around, and I never finished, so I'm going to be sharing some fun things we did in the Fall...just because...I really don't want to forget about these great times, and the great places we visited.  I hope you will enjoy!

One Saturday, we decided to head off to a Château for the day with our friends, Eva and Johannes!  Our destination was about an hour away, along the Loire River...

First, we stopped for a bite to eat for Lunch, and there was a "non-paying" Customer taking a nap down the way from us...


 ...and then we pulled off one of those "Sneaky American Tourist" things again...

While we were enjoying our coffee after our meal, we all decided we kind of wanted something small for dessert, but we wanted to get going, and we didn't really want to spend more money on dessert, so...

Eva (not an American, but she played the game well with us!) whipped out a small bag of mini-muffins, and boy, did these sound good with coffee...so...we each "sneakily" ate one for our dessert while our Server wasn't looking!


I know...nothing big...but it makes for a fun story, doesn't it?  We always talk about the silly things, don't we?

Then, it was on to Château Chaumont-sur-Loire...

I showed you this Château when we went with our children at Christmastime, but our initial visit was with Eva and Johannes in November...and the Fall was so beautiful, so let me share some things about this Château with the absolutely stunning Setting...



As I said, our initial trip here was in the Fall, so take a look at this stunning tree in all its beauty...


The views were so pretty...


The Art Structures on the property sure showed up well against the Fall leaves...


Let's go into the Château now...


Love the Stonework!







Let's head into the Chapel...


The woodwork on these Pews was amazing!


We even checked out the Attic space...


Eva and I were dreaming about taking home some of these old things...


There was an interesting Art Exhibit done with Silhouettes on the Wall of the Life of a Tree, from bare, to buds, to leaves, to Fall time losing the leaves, to bare again...





I can't help myself, these kind of Door Latches just catch my attention!


On to our favorite room...





It's time to go home...


The Draw Bridge is closing...


But, we decided to hang around the property a bit longer...





The Fog starts rolling in...



Even the Moon is appearing...


We are the last to leave the Parking Lot...of course!


Thanks for stopping by today to visit the Château with me again!

Have a "Jewel" of a day!
Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment