Tuesday, March 12, 2013

"Shelling" with my Gloves On!

12/03/2013

Bonjour mes amis!

It's hard to believe it's March.  As I type this, looking out the window...it is snowing lightly...I'm really doubting there will be any accumulation, so for now, it's a beautiful sight!

Last week, I was telling you all about our trip to Provence over our Winter Break, and I'd really like to show you more.  Let's pretend it's a beautiful, sunny day, and head out the door...


There's one thing I really love to do in February, and that's visit my parents in Florida!  The weather's warmer, and we get to go to the Beach and pick up shells...and go out to eat...and go shopping, etc., etc.  Well, this year, I still got a chance to go "Shelling", but this time, in Saintes Maries-de-la-Mer, France, along the Mediterranean coast, in the La Camargue Region!  (But, I do still miss my Parents...)


And, here we are at the Beach...


There were some fun rocks to climb along...


And, beautiful Sea all around...


And, a bounty of Shells just waiting for me...





But, it was cold, so I had to wear my Gloves, and my Winter Coat...


Did you know?  This the proper stance for Shelling...bent over, ready to spot the perfect ones...


Eventually, I had to put on my Hat...it was cold and windy...but look at that beautiful, blue Sky!


Once our pockets were filled with Shells, I was happy...


There is an old fortified Church in Saintes Maries-de-la-Mer.  It was difficult to get a good photo of it on this sunny day, but here it is...




Saintes Maries-de-la-Mer gets its name after three Saints...Mary Magdalene, Mary Salome and Mary Jacobe, who are believed to be the women who were the first witnesses to the Empty Tomb of the resurrected Christ.  According to a longstanding French legend, they either sailed to, or were cast adrift to this Village, and it received its name after the three women.



After all the Shelling, and a stop at the Church, we stopped to pick up some sandwiches for lunch.  Though it was a cool day, that sunshine sure felt good!


For now, the village was fairly quiet, but can you imagine how busy this place will be at the height of the Tourist Season?

Oh!  Did you want to see the haul of Shells we brought back with us?



A Whole Vase-full...


Just for the Memories...

I hope you have a "Jewel" of a day!
Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment