Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Sunset at Les Gorges du Verdon!

19/03/2013

Bonjour mes amis!

Are you still humming that Beatle's Hit from yesterday's Post?  I had it stuck in my head ALL day long.  Wow!  BUT, it's a new and beautiful day here in France...for the moment.  Yesterday, we ended up with rain on and off all day, including a short stint with small hail...yeah for some Sun today!

Let's travel back to Provence, so I can show you what is considered the "Grand Canyon of France",

Les Gorges du Verdon!

First, we look to the West where the Sun is beginning to set...



And then, on to the Canyon, where it's still light enough for some beautiful views...




Isn't this breathtaking?




This is a fun shot...proves we were here, right?


The River is such a beautiful color...


And watching those clouds engulf the Snow-covered Mountaintop is really something!






This was a worthwhile stop, don't you think?  I hope you enjoyed the views today.  From here, we'll head to the Mediterranean Coast, to the city of Marseilles.  I hope you'll come back and join me for the fun...

Have a "Jewel" of a Day!
Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment