Monday, March 18, 2013

Lavender Fields Forever!

18/03/2013

Bonjour mes amis!

Okay, I know from my Title that you are now thinking I don't really know my Beatle's Songs...afterall, it's Strawberry Fields Forever!  Well, you know that I recently went to Provence, so this is what you should be expecting from me right now...

BUT...

The Lavender Fields aren't blooming yet...it's way too early in the year!

That's okay. I'm going to share what I saw with you.  It was still fun, and still fun to imagine how it will look come summertime!




There's just something so soothing about all those straight lines and the promise of what's to come...



And, the Mountain views along the way were pretty nice, too!


After soaking up acres and acres of Lavender Fields, our goal was to see the Gorges du Verdon, which is considered the Grand Canyon of France.  (I'll show you that tomorrow...)  On the way to our destination, we stopped in an adorable, charming and picturesque Village,

Moustiers-Sainte-Marie!









The pictures don't really do it full justice...I loved this Village!


And, check out the view from this Village, as the sun begins to set...


You know when you get those questionnaires, so people can learn something about you...and they ask if you would want a Vacation Home in the Mountains or by the Beach?  Well, this Village would be the one to sway my opinion to the Home in the Mountains!

I'm still soaking it all in, here in France, and looking forward to that Summer Fragrance from those Lavender Fields.  I don't know if I'll get back to Provence for the Fields in Bloom, but I can still dream about it, now that I've seen it...

Wishing you a "Jewel" of a Day!
Jan

P.S.  Now I have the song, "Strawberry Fields Forever" stuck in my head!  Isn't this just the way it goes?  If this happens to you after reading this post, just TRY to substitute the word, Lavender!

No comments:

Post a Comment