Friday, February 1, 2013

Mimosas pour Moi!

01/02/2013

Bonjour mes amis!

Do you ever go to the Grocery Store and find yourself wandering past the floral area, and thinking, "I sure would love to buy some flowers"?  Yesterday, I was at the Store, and noticed some Tulips, and decided to see how they looked.  Well, the Tulips were pretty, and would probably look okay for a few days if I brought some home, but then something else caught my eye...

MIMOSAS!!!

I know y'all are thinking I was going to buy Champagne and Orange Juice, and that would be really nice, but the Mimosas I spotted were a Flower.  They are a bright yellow, lemon-colored Flower.  I've been seeing them around here the last couple of weeks, and decided to check them out.  Wow!  Only 3.50 Euros.  Now to justify the purchase...hmmmm! It was Jewelius' Birthday!  We need to have a nice Centerpiece for his Special Day, right?

(Somehow I know that a 17 year old Young Man would not be that thrilled about pretty, yellow flowers, but work with me here...)

Yes, I did buy the Flowers, and I am enjoying them very much...


The flowers are unusual, little puff balls on a stem, and the "leaves", in detail, are like petite little pine boughs. Check out a detailed photo I was able to find online...


I immediately got the flowers in a vase, and brought them into our Living Room to enjoy.  Since it's somewhat cold here, we've been leaving the Living Room door closed to keep the heat in, and guess what happened?  The most beautiful fragrance filled the room.  The only way I can think to describe the fragrance is...very soft, dusty, almost like baby powder, with a soft feminine floral fragrance.  It's very subtle in the room!

I decided to look these flowers up, since I don't think I've ever seen them in the U.S.  Sure enough, they grow all over Provence, in the southern regions of France, and this is the time of year when they bloom!  This must be such a welcome sight where they grow, when everything else looks dead from the arrival of Winter!

If you'd like to read a little more on these Flowers, you can go HERE.

When I cut the flowers down to put in the vase, I had some smaller pieces, so that little Spanish Olive Can I rescued now has some pretty little flowers, and maybe I'll get to enjoy the scent in the kitchen as well.


I'm glad I'm getting to enjoy these while they are around.  I almost want to go get more and put them in every room, so I can enjoy this soft, unique fragrance everywhere!

Maybe it's time for you to enjoy a new Flower in your home...why wait for Valentine's Day!?!

Have a "Jewel" of a day!
Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment