Saturday, February 2, 2013

Another Storybook Castle on Groundhog Day!

02/02/2013

Bonjour mes amis!

Happy Groundhog Day All! 

I hope you are well.  My little buddy, Jewelius, was up sick last night, sad to say.  This Mama went into cleaning mode, gave my buddy a backrub, and I'm trying to keep him resting...he wants to be on his Computer, but his body won't let him...so, he's quietly resting, and watching the Movie, "Groundhog Day" with Bill Murray, so he's not completely bored.  Funny to think the movie came out before he was even born!

Today, I want to show you another Castle in France!  The other day, you visited Château De Chenonceau with me again, my favorite!  There is another Château, only about a 30 minute drive from Chenonceau in Chaumont-sur-Loire that is worth seeing.  It's situated right along the Loire River, so the vistas from the Château are aweome on a clear day!  We visited this Château with friends in the Fall, and I will go back and share pictures from that visit another time, but for today, I will show you the Castle when we visited it with our children over the Holidays.

Here's the Château...

 
But we actually turned around and visited the Stables first...





 Nice, huh?


Now, let's head to the Castle...


Ooops!  Sorry, but I do love Decoration!





Look at this view out the Window...




I just can't get over the amazing Fireplaces we've seen here in France...




This guy made me laugh...



Hydrangeas always make me pause, too...


The most beautiful room in the Château...
 



Hedgehogs seem to be very "in" in France...



The Chapel...


Isn't this just breathtaking?  Just like in a Storybook...



Just look at the size of these Cedar Trees!



There was an unusual Art Structure on the property where we hid while it lightly rained...






  
Another awesome visit to a beautiful place in France!

I hope you enjoy Groundhog Day!  (Maybe you'd like to take a little break and watch the 1993 Movie "Groundhog Day", like Jewelius.  It's a Classic!)  Wherever you are, and how ever long of a Winter you endure, I hope you enjoy it and stay warm and cozy, and...

Have a "Jewel" of a Day!
Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment