Thursday, June 30, 2016

My neighborhood...for a month!



6/30/2016

Bonjour mes amis!

If you've been following along with me, you know that I have just returned from a wonderful month in Orléans, France.  Normally, when one goes to Orléans, there are places to visit that are integral to the visit...most of all, seeing Joan of Arc on her horse right in the downtown area...


And enjoying all the people and architecture, and of course, the merry-go-round!


When my younger daughter, Ms. Emerald, arrived for her visit with us, she wanted to walk around the neighborhood where we were living, so together, we shot the photos I'm sharing today!


We didn't hesitate to see how long the walk was to the Boulangerie!  Only two blocks...not bad!


I wish I could have seen the inside of this next big home!


There was a large, treed "round about" parking area that held markets every Thursday afternoon!



It's just so fun to explore an area that is so different than any other place I've lived!



How I love all the corbels below the balconies...and you just can't go wrong with wrought iron!


Another place I'd like to see the inside of...


While we were wandering, a Mail Lady came toward us...on her bike!  I asked Ms. Emerald to snap a picture.  You don't find this every day in the U.S.A.!


We were fortunate to be in Orléans during the Rose season!  These speckled ones really caught our eye!


So what do you think of my neighborhood?


Tomorrow I have something else fun to share with you!  See you then!
Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment