Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Popping into Paris!

30/04/2013

Bonjour mes amis!

I hope you'll respect me again, after all my funny stories yesterday...

Guess what?  The day after all my Car Troubles, I went back into Paris with Elaine...

By Train!

Ah!  Now that was relaxing...and fun!

We arrived in the Gare d'Austerlitz first.  Isn't this fun?  There's a Piano in the Train Station, and anyone can play it.  We've heard some very good pianists while waiting for our Trains over the last months.


We were headed to the Eiffel Tower, but we chose to walk along the Seine River, so we could view the French Statue of Liberty first!  Elaine was particularly interested to see this, since she is a Teacher, and has regularly taken her students on Field Trips to see our Statue of Liberty in New York.



As a Tour Guide, I seem to be required to take all my guests to see the Eiffel Tower...but, I love it.  Today, I'll just share a few pictures, since I've shared the Paris sights before on my blog...


Visibility wasn't too good the day we went to the Eiffel Tower...


I never tire of seeing the Arc de Triomphe in the center of this next photo.  All roads lead to it...


I managed some pictures on the Elevator on the way up.  Cool, huh?


It's just so iconic of Paris, isn't it?


Then, there were Views along the way to the Rodin Museum...




And, The Thinker is still there thinking...


How do you like this Musketeer?


The Kissers are still there, kissing...


And, the Garden at The Rodin Museum is ready for Spring...


We had a nice stop at the Arc de Triomphe...


Again, visibility wasn't that good from the top...


We ended our day with a stop at Notre Dame, and dinner at a Brasserie!


It was a typical Spring day in Paris...rain and clouds, but it was so nice to be stress-free and let the Conductor of the Train do the driving!!!

Have a "Jewel" of a Day!
Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment