Thursday, April 11, 2013

Easter Memories and Observations!

11/04/2013

Bonjour mes amis!

I hope you are well and enjoying April, Showers and All!  Because, you know what they say...

April Showers bring May Flowers!

Since I didn't post on my blog last week, I didn't write anything about Easter in France.  Can you indulge me for a few minutes today?

I don't have small Children at Home anymore...

So, I don't do Easter Egg Hunts...
(Though I have fond memories of Egg Hunts and Brunches with the Neighbors)!

I haven't filled Easter Baskets for a few years...
(As my children got older, I resolved to giving them a $10 bill and a Chocolate Cross)!

Mind you, Jewelius is 17 years old...
(And he came along almost five years after our 3rd child was born)!

Poor Jewelius had to grow up real quick!
(Then again, for those of you that know us, you probably remember that Jewelius came into the world in a "BIG" way...no really, he was BIG...a whopping 11 pounds, 4 ounces of BIG!  It was quite Miraculous!)

Anyway, Jewelius is a fun kid, and has thoroughly been enjoying all the Adventures we have encountered in France.  He's going to a French School, after only taking one year of French in the U.S...and he takes it all in stride.

I still have to have fun with my Little Boy!
(I know you're all wondering if I'm ever going to get to the point...well, please be patient!)
I have been so curious with each and every Holiday in France, to see how the French celebrate...

May I just observe that Americans are
way more materially obsessed with Holidays
than Europeans?

Yes, they are!  Christmas proved that for me, and Easter as well.  Naturally, there were Chocolates for Children, and I did not disappoint young Jewelius...

He got a Chocolate Cow!


Complete with an Udder and a Bell!


***There is a private joke in there, and if you know Jewelius,
you are free to ask him why he received
a Chocolate Cow for Easter!?!***

(There were actually several Farm Animals available in Chocolate for Easter here...I'm truly not sure why, but they do make some awesome Chocolate here, and there's many Chocolatiers in town)!

I also purchased Bunnies...
(Incidentally, I had to make my own Easter Grass out of a sliced up green napkin!  Clever, huh?  AND, it was much easier to deal with for the cleanup!)



The French spend Easter with Family...
Which is very comparable with the United States.  While we were out and about over the weekend, there were many families doing things together.  As a result, there were lines everywhere, too, but how nice to see so many families spending time together.

I'm told that...
The French make Lamb for Easter Dinner...
Personally, we had a Beef Roast, because even though my Mother made Lamb Roasts for us when we were kids, I never bothered to ask her to teach me about making Lamb...it's somewhat intimidating when you're not sure about the cut of the Meat and how to deal with it.
(Just like I've never made Duck here, even though it's a super common dish for dinner.  I need to find someone who can teach me).

But enough about Food and Chocolates...

We did also reflect on The Most Important Thing on Easter Sunday...

Our Risen Lord!


And, we Worshipped together with our Friends here in Orléans!


"Do not be afraid; for I know that you are looking for Jesus
who has been crucified.
He is not here,
for He has Risen,
just as He said."
Matthew 24:5b & 6a

"O LORD, our Lord,
How majestic is Your name in all the earth!" 
Psalm 8:9


Do you still have Easter Guests at your House?  How about Easter Chocolates?  What did you make for Easter Dinner?  Can anyone teach me how to cook Lamb?  Mom?

Have a "Jewel" of a Day!
Jan

P.S.  Jewelius, would you please eat that Cow, so the temptation is gone!?!


No comments:

Post a Comment