Monday, April 8, 2013

Domage!

8/4/2013

Bonjour mes amis!

I hate it when this happens.

And it's happened to me twice in the last couple of months.

We make a trip to the Airport to send a visitor back to the U.S..

And then decide to visit a site in Paris.

And I don't have the Camera with me.

When will I learn...

Domage!

(Domage translated from French means "too bad", or "Shame"!)

And it's Domage pour Moi!

I'm missing out on showing you two Awesome Places, and I don't have the photos to dream back on for the future!

The first Site was Fontainebleau, France!  Actually, we intended to visit here...


The Château de Fontainebleau...but it was a cold day, and we weren't well prepared, so we just stopped for a nice lunch, walked around town a bit, and then headed home, with the hopes of returning to see the Château another day.

Then, this past Saturday, after the trip to the Airport, of course...Jewelius suggested we visit something in or near Paris.  Dr. J had reminded me of the Château de Chantilly, so we headed there.  Oh, how sad I was to be without the Camera!  Here's the Château...


Atleast I have the ticket stubs and parking slip to show you, to prove we were there...


But...I wish I could share the Inside beauty and gorgeous Bushes, trimmed into the shape of fleur-de-lis, and all the beautiful Rooms.  This was a well preserved place, with plenty of Artwork.

The thing I think Jewelius and I will remember about this Château is the Cobblestone Road that runs along in front of the Moat...Wow!  Talk about a bumpy ride!!!

Next time I have to drive to the Airport...

I'll have only one thing on my mind...

Where's the Camera?


It's good to have you back!  It's good to be back!  See you tomorrow!

Have a "Jewel" of a day!
Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment