Friday, April 26, 2013

A Peaceful Retreat!

26/04/2013

Bonjour mes amis!

Looks like we're going to get some rain here today, but that's okay, because the temperatures are still Spring-like, and everything is budding and blooming, and the trees are becoming green again.  So beautiful!

Yesterday, I told you about a visit to Monet's Garden, and I commented that I wanted an Overnight Stay.  One of my favorite things to do in France is stay in Chambre d'hôtes.  This is the equivalent of a Bed and Breakfast in the United States, but for me, I enjoy it so much in France.  Many of the Chambre d'hôtes in France are in very old, historic Manor Houses or Farm Houses from the 15th and 16th Centuries, yet the Owners have updated, keeping original details, but making these places comfortable to enjoy overnight.

I have become a "connoisseur" of finding quality Chambre d'hôtes in France.  We have stayed in quite a few over the years, so if you want, I can probably make a Recommendation for you if you plan to visit France.  I can usually tell when a Home Owner "has the knack" for updating and decorating their Old Home.

A stay in a Chambre d'hôtes, of course, also includes a French Breakfast, which usually includes...
  
Coffee or Tea and Juice
Baguettes and Homemade Confiture (Jam)
Croissants (including Pain au Chocolat)
and Natural Yogurt.

I truly enjoy this, because typically, the Homeowners also have a lovely view to enjoy while dining.

While my friend, Elaine, was here we managed an overnight at L'Aulnaie, near Giverny...



Look at the View from the Room we stayed in...


The Homeowner picked up these huge bottles at Flea Markets.  Wish I could take some of these back to the U.S. with me...




And, the Room was clean and pleasant...


One of the Homeowners is an Artist, and we found her artwork all around the Home.


I always love the Stone Walls in these Old Places...


Such Charm!  I wondered if this is where the Artist in the family does her painting and sketching...


A Creek ran along the back of the Property...



For most Americans, this next photo would be considered a junk-pile, but we found this little spot so charming with the old Wheelbarrow, Bottle Drying Rack, and Wine Barrel!


Have you had a Peaceful Retreat lately?  Even one night away is so refreshing...

Have yourself a "Jewel" of a Day!
Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment